Plan Your Valentine’s Day with healthy choices in mind. Whether you plan to celebrate on your own or with someone special, have a safe and healthy Valentine’s Day. Take steps to be a healthy valentine.
Challenge yourself to be active, healthy, and smoke free.
Use these tips to give the gift of health to yourself and loved ones on Valentine’s Day and all year long.
- Treat yourself and loved ones to a heart-healthy meal that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables and foods low in saturated fat and salt.
- Plan an event that encourages physical activity, and healthy eating.
- Give yourself or your loved ones a favorite healthy alternative to candy.
- If you smoke, quit smoking. It’s a perfect gift for yourself and others.
- If you are in US, February is American Heart Month. Help raise awareness about heart disease prevention. Encourage yourself and others to learn about how to lower heart disease risk and take action!
- Learn the most common symptoms of a heart attack. Call health line immediately if these symptoms arise.
- Send a health-e-card to show someone you care about them and their health.
- If you prefer a traditional card, include a note that encourages your family and friends to take steps for a healthy life.
Enjoy the Valentine’s Day and be a healthy valentine.
Dr. Anil Singhal, MD (Homeo)Healthy Valentine’s Day
by Dr. Anil Singhal, MD (Homeo) ( Author at Dr. Anil Singhal MD (Homeo) )
Posted on February 5th, 2012 at 11:38 pm.
Last updated on January 28th, 2013 at 12:44 pm.
Find more from Dr. Anil Singhal's Blog on: Health