Most weight loss supplements are found not effective to help people for weight loss. Only the diet and exercise can help you maintaining your ideal body weight. The key to weight loss is to eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean meats, reduce calorie intake of high-fat foods, and to keep moving. The only way to lose weight is to make a lifestyle change with following 7 points.
1. Do not leave the house in the morning without having a plan for dinner. Spontaneous eating often results in poorer food choices.
2. If you do eat out, start your meal with a large salad with low-calorie dressing or a broth-based soup. You will feel much fuller and are less likely to eat your entire entrée. Better yet: split your entrée with a dining companion or just order an appetizer in addition to your soup or salad.
3. Find ways to keep moving, especially if you have a sedentary job. During long meetings, ask if you can stand or pace for periods so you don’t remain seated the entire time.
4. Put vegetables into every meal possible. Shred vegetables into your pasta sauce, add them into meat or just buy lots of bags of fruits/vegetables for on-the-go eating.
5. Increase your fiber. Most people don’t get nearly enough fiber. When possible, eat “wet” sources of fiber rather than dry – cooked oatmeal makes you feel fuller than a fiber cracker.
6. Make sure to eat whole fruits and vegetables instead of drinking your calories. Eat an apple rather than drink apple juice. Look at items that seem similar and eat the one that physically takes up more space. For example, eating 100 calories of grapes rather than 100 calories of raisins will make you feel fuller.
7. Eliminate processed foods. Research increasingly shows that foods that are harder to digest (such as high fiber foods) have a greater “thermic effect” – or the way to boost your metabolism.
Enjoy these general guidelines for a healthy lifestyle.