I believe, everyone knows that Kumbh Mela is a mass Hindu pilgrimage in which Hindus gather at the Ganges river. Similarly, every 15-20 years of interval, we see a large gathering of International homeopathic doctors in India. This time, after 16 years, LIGA 66th World Homeopathic Conference in New Delhi, India is planned from Dec. 1st to Dec. 4th, and organised by the Liga Medicorum Homoeopathica Internationalis (LMHI).
I feel, this could happen due to best efforts of Dr SPS Bakshi, Dr RamJee Singh, Dr RK Manchanda, and other homeopathic stalwarts who attended last LIGA conference in US and they could manage to get the opportunity to host this mega event in homeopathy in India. This would be a life time opportunity to attend LIGA Congress, and moreover, this would be my first experience of LIGA, 22 years after passing out the BHMS from NHMC, New Delhi.
One most important reason to attend this international conference is that in less than 100 dollars you are going to attend an International homeopathic event in your home town where no lodging is required. Second, you can meet National and International speakers, teachers and authors at one platform where you can have face to face interaction and take their contact details for communicating with them later.
Third, Organizers have selected a nice venue – Siri Fort Auditorium in Delhi. There are four halls and you can attend the lectures as per your interests. For this you need to plan your schedule according to the timing of different scientific papers during the LIGA conference.
Twelve senior homeopathic/medical scholarly personalities are set as peer reviewers of all the scientific papers submitted in different heading for the LIGA conference. They all scrutinizing each scientific, clinical, research paper or study for the appropriateness for this International homeopathic conference with a rating system from 1 to 10. Each reviewer can submit their opinion, suggestion or comment for the paper.
This rating mechanism and feedback system will keep a check on the quality of each selected paper for the LIGA conference. I am sure this will avoid any bias or influence from any resourceful person or organizer.
I believe this LIGA conference would be beneficial to all PG students in homeopathy (pursuing MD), researchers, academicians and clinicians. As per following main sections of the theme of LIGA, one can get a lot of learning as per their interest:
Public Health Initiatives in Homoeopathy
- Homoeopathy for epidemics/pandemics (Special focus on emerging viral diseases)
- Homoeopathy for Healthy Mother & Happy Child
Homoeopathic Education and Policies
- Government policies of Homoeopathy around the world
- Professional homoeopathic training – opportunities & challenges
Applied Homoeopathy – Case studies
- Materia Medica – clinical verification
- Stories of success and failure in difficult cases, highlighting different techniques of treatment
- Clinical trials in Homoeopathy – meta-analysis etc.
- Miasmatic diagnosis and its relevance in practice
Pharmaceutics & Pharmacy
- Basic research in Homoeopathy- scope and limitations
- GMP and pharmacopoeia
- Pharmaceutical industry; demands & studies
- Drug safety & drug control legislations
- Drug proving – planning & protocol
Homoeopathy in Allied Life Sciences
- Homoeopathy in veterinary medicine
- Homoeopathy in dentistry
- Agro-Homoeopathy; plant experimentations
I am sure LIGA conference would prove itself a milestone establishing this therapeutic system more firmly evidence based homeopathy.