I came across one of my FaceBook friends suffering from common cold for past one month. That friend does not want to take any allopathic medicine, and I wrote some tips to manage the common cold which was becoming chronic. Common cold for last one month means it is turning to sinusitis and you might be allergic to something.
Some management tips beyond medicine or treatment to cure common cold:
1. Drink plenty of water
2. Take plain steam to make nasal and para-nasal area clean
3. If need, do warm saline gargles also
4. Simple breathing exercise to have fresh air circulation in nostrils and sinuses areas
5. Try to identify triggering factors – it may be food, plants, cloth, perfumes, or any other thing — Try to avoid them or minimise their exposure
6. Try not to rub your eyes, nostrils, or ears
7. Use disposable tissue papers to prevent accidental spread of the disease pathogens, and wash hand frequently
8. Maintain a healthy lifestyle with adequate sleep, good nutrition and physical exercise. It may help your immune system and eventually eradicate your common cold symptoms
9. I feel emotional stress is also one factor in maintaining common cold symptoms and many research studies have proven this fact. So, try to remain happy and strees-free environments.
10. See your Alternative Medicine Physician if it is not helpful in couple of days