1. Allen’s Keynotes – HC Allen has mentioned a synoptic review of the sel ected homeopathic medicines in this small and very useful book. Each line is considered a gem. First few lines are considered most important, telling about the personality of the person. Very precise modalities and relationship is mentioned in the last.
2. Nash’s Leaders – EB Nash has categorized medicines as per his own experience and based on some kind of relationship between the remedies, hence the remedies are not listed alphabetically. You must read the text after a small synopsis of the medicine, where he mentions his cases and experiences, a true clinical picture of homeopathic medicines in his life time.
3. Tyler’s MM – ML Tyler has given an exhaustive summary of medicine from all eminent authors like Hahnemann, Hering, Lippe, Kent, Boger, TF Allen, HC Allen, EB Nash, and others. Here you can read most important parts of descriptions from these authors at one place, so you don’t need to refer many books!
4. Kent’s Lectures – An exhaustive exposition of homeopathic medicines, collected from his delivered lectures.
5. Hahnemann’s MMP and CD – Try to read a small synopsis appended before the actual drug pathogenesis.
6. Boericke’s MM – For some of the medicines in the college syllabus that you don’t find in other books. First para of the text is really important where he emphasize the important symptoms and signs.
Well, there are more than 500 mm and therapeutic books, but above listed books will help you to build your foundations stronger in the subject.
I would like to know about the books you are reading for materia medica subject, and I will send you an updated list with my remarks.
Waiting for your feedback, comment and reply…
Dr. Anil Singhal, MD(Hom.)
M.: +91 – 98102-64825