We walked down to our college as we used to do. We entered the college gate as we used to do. We sat on NHMC lawns as we used to do. But was missing were the classrooms, the books and teachers. What was there was a deep sense of togetherness of meeting our friends, our batch mates, our seniors and juniors of Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College.
Yes, it was in this spirit of dÃ©jÃ vu, that the NHMC Alumni Association celebrated its first Â ANNUAL MEET ‘SWAGATAM’ on 18th December, 2005 at the NHMC lawns.
The air was reverberating with nostalgia and old memories. There was palpable excitement to be among our teachers, our associates who either ragged us or whom we ragged. That particular evening it seemed that NHMC had become the liveliest place around.
The annual meet kicked off with the ANNUAL GENERAL BODY meeting chaired by Dr. R.K. Varshneya, President of the association. He welcomed all the life members and appreciated the efforts of the association in organizing the show of such magnitude.
Thereafter, Dr. V.K. Khanna, Ex-officio member of the Executive committee spoke about the revamped NHMC Alumni association and encouraged greater participation in the activities of the association.
Dr. R.K. Manchanda, Secretary of the association, then took upon detailed discussion on the agenda of the AGM. The following decisions were approved unanimously by the members of the AGM:
1. MANAGEMENT OF FUNDS RECEIVED AS LIFE MEMBERSHIP
- The life membership of this association is Rs.500/-. The amount collected from life membership shall not be used by Executive Committee for day-to-day functioning and for organising CMEs and other programmes without the approval of General Body. This amount shall be known as corpus fund of the Association.
- This amount shall be kept as Fixed Deposits (FDs) and other secured modes of deposits as decided by Executive Committee from time-to-time.
- Only the interest portion and earning out of this amount shall be available for Executive Committee to meet out its expenses.
2. HONORARY NEHRUITES
It has been decided that all the faculty members and teachers those who had been associated with this institution shall be the honorary Nehruites.
3. FUNDING OF ASSOCIATION’S PROGRAMME
- All programmes of Association shall be contributory. The contribution shall be decided by the Executive Committee from time-to-time.
- The shortfall incurred in any programme shall be met from the sponsors and donations received by the Association or it shall be the responsibility of the Executive Committee to contribute collectively to meet out the shortfall.
- Under no circumstances, without the approval of the General Body, corpus fund of the Association shall be used for funding such programme. Under extreme circumstances Executive Committee can use part of the corpus fund not more than a period of three month to meet out any emergent requirement. Such usage of fund even of temporary period should be placed before the General Body for ratification.
4. GENERAL BODY MEETING
- The General Body meeting of this association shall be held every year on 3rd Sunday of December along with the Annual meet.
- Similarly minimum three executive meetings shall be held on the day of three CME at about 1 PM.
- No separate intimation shall be given
All correspondence of the Association including the Agenda for Executive Committee and General Body shall be circulated only through E-mails. The postal communication shall be made only to members on request
6. FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS as on 31st March 05
The total amount collected from memberships from 82 members is Rs.39,600/-
Money received from previous Alumni funds : Rs.1,600/-
Total Amount Collected : Rs.41,200/-
Expenditure incurred so far: Rs.1,181/-
Amount deposited in Bank account: Rs.36,650/-.
Cash Balance: Rs.3,369/- as on 31.03.2005
7. CURRENT ACCOUNT OF THE ASSOCIATION
A current account of the association has been opened at State Bank of Patiala, Defence Colony, New Delhi (A/C No.:65000120824). The account is beingÂ operated jointly by either two of the following members:
Dr. R.K. VarshneyaÂ Â Â Â Â Â – President
Dr. R.K. ManchandaÂ Â Â Â Â Â – Secretary
Dr. Surinder VermaÂ Â Â Â Â Â – Treasurer
8. AUDIT OF THE ACCOUNTS
M/s Vinod Parveen & Associates have been appointed to conduct audit of the accounts of the Association for the year ended 2004-05.
With regards to the CME sessions, it was proposed to hold CME on the 3rd Saturday of Feb., July and October 2006. However, the majority of members were of the opinion that the CME should be held on Sundays. Keeping this in view, it was decided to hold CME on the 1st Sunday of Feb., July and October 2006.
THUS FUTURE PLAN AND YEAR CALANDER 2006 IS:
Â Three CMEs (2.00 pm to 5.00 pm)
-Â 5TH February 2006
-Â 2NDÂ July 2006
-Â 8THÂ October 2006 (1ST Oct. 2006 is Dushera)
Â ANNUAL ALUMNI MEET 2006
-Â 17th December 2006
Dr. R.K. Manchanda then handed over the dais to Karishma Entertainers to add the flavor of amusement and entertainment. Mr. Mahesh and his group thoroughly enthralled the audience with their musical performances. But what cut the cake with the audience was the involvement of Alumnus. They amused all present with their rib tickling questions and carefree approach. Those whose answers were right on target received prizes and gifts.Â
Mr. Mahesh ensured total participation of the audiences by inviting various Alumni members to showcase their talent in singing and made everyone vibrate with their tunes.
On this occasion, the members of the 1970 and 1980 batches of NHMC were felicitated. To add to the splendour of the evening, the old memories were revived by projection of group photographs of different batches of NHMC through LCD projector.
All through this while, everyone stimulated their taste buds with wonderful fiesta of Indian cuisines. The fragrance of delicacies added great fervor to the rocking night that had already spell bound the audience.
The evening dawned and the more the time passed, the more it seemed that the party should last longer. But as everyone good things come to an end, so did this party had to come to an end. But not before everyone had shaken their legs on the dance floor and danced their way through the end of the show.
That was a great evening!
Wishing you all a very very Happy New Year 2006.
Dr. Anil Singhal